Garbage and Recycling
- Garbage is collected once per week.
- Recycling is collected every other week.
- Both garbage and recycling collection routes are separated by Fairy Chasm Road.
- Place all garbage materials in your brown garbage cart, and all recycling materials in your green cart. Any materials outside of your cart will not be collected.
- Please have your containers out for collection by 7 a.m. the day of your scheduled pickup.
- Garbage Video Tutorial
- Recycling Video Tutorial
- Yard Waste Video Tutorial
- Waste Management Recycling Requirements
- Additional containers can be purchased or rented. Review the for charges. You can order and pay for the container online or stop in at Village Hall.
- Visit our garbage tutorial video or our recycling tutorial video for a list of Do's and Don'ts for proper pick up procedure.
Optional Garage-Side Service
- Residents may also purchase garage-side service for an .
- Residents interested in this service should inquire with Village Hall regarding registration.
- Plastics (#1 - #7)
- Envelopes (business and manila)
- Cereal/detergent boxes
- Computer paper
- File folders
- Magazines/telephone books
- Paper without wax liner
- Aluminum/iron/tin cans
- Alcohol bottles
- Glass (Brown/Clear/Green) containers
- Soda/Juice bottles
- Ketchup bottles
- Paper milk/juice cartons
- Cardboard and paper bags (flattened)
- Microwave trays
- Auto/mirror or tinted glass
- Light bulbs
- Unnumbered plastics
- Plastic bags
- Carbon paper
- Hazardous waste (contact MMSD)
- Disposable diapers
- Metal or steel objects (nails, hangers)
- Pizza boxes
- Wax coated products
- Rubber material
- Paper towels/napkins or facial tissue
Accepted at Village Hall
- Light bulbs/fluorescent bulbs
- Print cartridges
- Eye glasses
- Electronics (See fee schedule)
- Plastic bags
Saturday Drop-Off Days
Bring yard waste, recycling, electronics (TV and monitor fees must be paid in advance), or scrap metal to the DPW Parking lot (enter off Fairy Chasm) between 9am-11:30am.
- May 16
- June 20
- July 18
- August 15
- September 19
Clean Up Days
Bring yard waste, recycling electronics, and much more to the DPW Parking lot (enter off Fairy Chasm) between 9am-12pm. Click here for a list of accepted items.
- Saturday, April 18
- Saturday, October 10